The goal of the Arkansas Women’s Hall of Fame (AWHOF) is to honor, in perpetuity, women whose contributions have influenced the direction of Arkansas in their community or the state. The AWHOF inducts contemporary (living) or historical (deceased) women who have been born in and achieved prominence within the state, or been a resident of Arkansas for an extended period after achieving prominence here or elsewhere and have:
● made significant and enduring contributions to their field of endeavor, professional or otherwise.
● impacted the social, cultural, economic or political well being of the community, state or nation.
● elevated the status of women and positively impacted women and girls.
● helped open new frontiers for women and for society in general.
● inspired others by their example.
The legacy of these great women should be shared and honored. The Arkansas Women’s Hall of Fame is dedicated to preserving the history of accomplishments and recognizing women across the state of Arkansas. It also provides women encouragement and inspiration from stories shared by these great women.
AWHF Board appoints members to the selection committee
Nomination materials are distributed to the selection committee in early March 2019.
Each member of the selection committee ranks the nominees (in order of their personal preference) and provides comments to clarify their rankings.
As a group, the selection committee meets mid-March 2019 to discuss and come to a consensus on the individuals to be honored and inducted.
2019 Honorees are contacted immediately following the selection committee’s decision.
The project started as a partnership between the North Little Rock Chamber of Commerce and Arkansas Business Publishing Group, and now the effort has a board of directors guiding the project.